If someone suggests to you that you should write poems about love, you would probably say that you don’t know anything about it or you don’t even know how to start a poem, and to not even get you started on writing a whole verse. However, we should always dance freely, like there’s no one watching and that saying goes for poetry writing too.
Inspiration is always around us, we don’t have to look hard in order to find it, plus you get a lot of benefits from writing for your emotional and mental health. Now that we have been assured that a poet hides in each one of us, let’s get into the 15 benefits of writing poems about love:
1. The number one thing that poems can teach us is to grasp really complex ideas into their most basic form and break them down to their purest one.
2. It will help you to evolve your feelings of compassion to a greater level.
3. Writing poetry helps us unleash our vast minds and their creativity.
4. The meaning of life and the beauty of the world is connected by a bridge of poetry.
5. Poems are an expressive form of art that build emotional honesty.
6. If you write you tend to weave out negative thoughts of others and opt to listen to your instinct.
7. It will help you get in line with your profound insight and hone a greater sensitivity.
8. Writing poetry will help you build great self-esteem about yourself, and illuminate the path to your life goals.
9. If you write poems, you will more easily deal with the guilt, betrayal, emotional pain and forgiveness in your life, and all the other negative emotions that you will go through.
10. Through writing poems you find yourself and you build your identity.
11. You’re given a tool to express your hidden emotions and thoughts in a private and healthy way, and by that you realize your emotions in a sacred way.
12. You will communicate with others in an honest way, and will be able to understand them better through writing.
13. Your cognitive skills will get improved through the process.
14. Poems can inspire you to accomplish greater things.
15. You awaken your inner courage by reading a poem that you’ve already written, and poetry will also lead you to great opportunities.