What pair of shoes can easily take a man from a pub lunch to dancing in a nightclub, or a day in the office to dinner in a restaurant? The answer is suede boots. These timeless and versatile shoes not only bridge the gap between formal and casual, but they can jazz up almost any outfit, effortlessly combining rugged charm with sophistication.
If you still don’t have them in your wardrobe, then it’s time to get a pair. We are here to explore the styles of men’s suede boots, various outfit combinations and style tips, as well as how to look after this footwear to make sure it remains in impeccable condition.
Variety of Boot Styles
These boots are a versatile and stylish footwear choice. Suede is a type of leather with a napped finish, giving it a soft and luxurious feel. There are several styles of modern and elegant suede boots for men each designed for different occasions and preferences. Whether you’re looking for a casual everyday option or a more formal boot, there’s a suede style to suit every taste and need.
Chukka boots are a classic and timeless style of suede boots. They typically have two to three eyelets and a minimalistic design, making them perfect for both casual and semi-formal occasions. Chukka boots pair well with jeans or chinos and can easily transition from day to night.
Similar to chukka boots, desert boots are ankle-length and have a simple, lace-up design. Originally designed for British soldiers in the desert during World War II, these boots are now a popular choice for casual wear. They often feature a crepe sole, providing comfort and flexibility.
Chelsea suede boots for men are characterised by their elastic side panels and a sleek, slip-on design. These boots are suitable for both casual and more formal settings, making them a versatile wardrobe staple. They can add a touch of sophistication to any outfit, especially when paired with tailored trousers or jeans.
Monk Strap Boots
Monk strap boots are characterised by a buckle or strap closure instead of traditional laces. These boots add a touch of sophistication and uniqueness to your outfit. Suede monk strap boots are an excellent choice for those who want to stand out with a more refined style.
This type of footwear has its origins in equestrian fashion and is known for the ankle strap and buckle closure. While traditionally made in leather, suede versions of Jodhpur boots offer a more casual and relaxed vibe. These boots can be worn with jeans or chinos for a stylish yet comfortable look.
Suede work boots combine style with durability. They often feature a more rugged sole and construction, making them suitable for various outdoor activities. These boots are a great option for casual outings or when you need a sturdy and reliable footwear choice.
For those who enjoy outdoor adventures, suede hiking boots provide the perfect combination of style and functionality. They come with features such as waterproofing and sturdy soles, ensuring comfort and support during hikes or other outdoor activities.
How to Wear Men Suede Boots?
Since mens suede boots come in various styles, from chukkas to Chelsea boots, they offer a wide range of possibilities for outfit combinations. The key is to strike a balance between casual and polished looks. To give you an idea, try:
- Casual Chic: Pair your suede chukka boots with dark jeans and a crisp white shirt for a relaxed yet refined look. Add a leather jacket for an extra touch of rugged sophistication.
- Office Ready: Opt for a sleek pair of suede Chelsea boots to complement your tailored suit. Stick to neutral colours like black, brown, or navy for a sophisticated and professional appearance.
- Weekend Vibes: Combine desert boots with chinos or khakis for a laid-back weekend ensemble. Throw on a crew-neck sweater or a trendy flannelette shirt to complete the effortlessly cool aesthetic.
- Street Style: For a contemporary urban look, pair your suede boots with slim-fit jeans, a graphic tee, and a bomber jacket. This style effortlessly combines comfort with edgy flair.
Maintenance Tips for Suede Boots
The velvety texture of the boots makes them quite susceptible to dirt and moisture, so proper maintenance is essential to preserve the natural beauty of suede boots and extend their lifespan. Follow these tips to keep your boots looking impeccable:
- Brushing: Regularly brush your suede boots with a suede brush to remove dust and restore the nap. Brush gently in one direction to avoid damaging the delicate suede fibres.
- Stain Removal: Treat stains promptly using a suede eraser or a mixture of white vinegar and water. Lightly dab the stain with a clean cloth, avoiding excessive moisture.
- Waterproofing: Apply a quality suede protector spray to repel water and prevent stains. Be sure to reapply this treatment periodically, especially if you live in a rainy or snowy climate.
- Storage: Store your suede boots in a cool, dry place and avoid exposing them to direct sunlight. Stuff them with shoe trees to maintain their shape and absorb excess moisture.
Choosing the Right Suede Boots
When selecting men’s suede boots, consider factors such as style, colour, and quality. Invest in well-crafted boots from reputable brands, ensuring both comfort and durability. Opt for classic colours like tan, brown, navy, or black for versatility, allowing them to seamlessly integrate into your wardrobe.
Suede boots are a versatile and stylish footwear option that can effortlessly transition from casual to formal settings. Whether you’re heading to the office, a casual weekend outing, or a night on the town, suede boots can elevate your style. Find the right pair for you and master the outfit combinations, and you will make a personal statement. Enjoy the enduring appeal and comfort of suede boots, and step confidently into any occasion.